If it is good enough for the US military, it should work for you! The French, UK and Indian governments are either conducting trials or have already included modafinil in contingency plans, and modafinil has replaced dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) for use on certain Air Force missions.
Modalert: Concept, Dosage and Side Effects
Modalert is one such generic form of Modafinil. It is produced by Sun Pharmaceuticals in India, where registered pharmaceutical companies may rightfully access patents filed before 1995.
Modalert is a cognitive enhancement medication, or “smart drug”, used to improve daytime alertness. It is usually prescribed to defeat daytime drowsiness and decreased levels of alertness due to medical conditions, but this nootropic (smart) drug is now widely used to enhance attention and focus levels and has become a safe way to punch through your day with incredible results for entrepreneurs and go getters.
What Is Modalert?
A French neurophysiologist, professor Michel Jouvet, developed a substance called modafinil in 1986 as a treatment for narcolepsy. Modafinil is a wakefulness-promoting agent (eugeroic). It became available in the US in 1998 under the brand name Provigil, marketed by Cephalon Inc. Cephalon holds the patent for modafinil in the US, and until the year 2023, no US pharmaceutical company may produce or sell generic modafinil within the US. Provigil was the first brand name and is still the most expensive.
However, in most parts of the world, generic modafinil is widely available, and there are several brand names of modafinil available today. They are used to treat people who are chronically tired from sleep disorders or sleep apnea, shift work, and narcolepsy.
It is a regular prescription drug in most countries. Modalert is one such generic form of Modafinil. It is produced by Sun Pharmaceuticals in India, where registered pharmaceutical companies may rightfully access patents filed before 1995.
A generic drug is simply a differently branded version of a known, branded drug. In practice, this means that a doctor can prescribe any one name of a whole list of medications approved to treat the same condition, as the different names are all the same drug, just produced and sold by a different company.
It is an entirely legal practice to sell generic drugs, but no US pharmaceutical company may produce or sell generic modafinil within the US. As a prescription medicine, modafinil is therefore legally sold online, and drug stores and pharmacies in many countries under many different brand names. Modafinil is not a controlled substance in countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada.
Due to the huge cost savings, it is becoming increasingly popular to order drugs from outside the US legally. The generic form of the drug is significantly cheaper than the branded name. One branded name pill could cost close to $25 each in the US, but a generic form ordered from outside the US will cost closer to $1. Little wonder that more and more people are turning to reputable online pharmacy suppliers to provide cheap and reliable medications! But be careful to consider only a reputable online distributor to avoid getting fake Modalert.
How Does Modalert Work?
As a prescription medicine, modafinil promotes wakefulness in adults who are sleepy due to conditions such as narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). It cannot cure the underlying disorders, but it helps sufferers to lead a normal, productive life.
Initially, little was known about the mechanism of action, but we now know that the modafinil is a relatively weak but highly specific selective (atypical) dopamine re-uptake inhibitor which leads to an increase in the available dopamine level. Modalert also affects norepinephrine and histamine. The effect is a noticeable increase in your level of alertness, wakefulness, and your level of interest in your surroundings. Additionally, modafinil’s influence on a neurotransmitter called glutamate can enhance the working memory by up to 10%.
Last-Minute Cramming, Anyone?
As a bonus, Modalert stimulates cognitive function in certain parts of the brain, which helps you to concentrate fully and immerse yourself in your work for longer periods while ignoring distractions.
Think of It as the Supercharge of Caffeine, without the Side Effects!
Modalert is a safe introduction to nootropic tablets, also known as “smart drugs,” and has remained a top seller for years, even after the introduction of other cognitive enhancement (smart) drugs to the market. The high boost in day-to-day productivity by safe, proven nootropic medication is a reliable solution for the increasing demands of modern life.
Benefits of Modalert
If it is good enough for the US military, it should work for you! The French, UK and Indian governments are either conducting trials or have already included modafinil in contingency plans, and modafinil has replaced dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) for use on certain Air Force missions. A Canadian medical journal has also reported the use of modafinil by astronauts aboard the International Space Station to optimize performance while fatigued.
Please note that professional athletes are prohibited from using it as it may provide an unfair advantage in competitive sport – it has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency, as modafinil has been proven to enhance exercise performance levels.
Medical trials have demonstrated that modafinil improves patients’ working memory and pattern recognition, memory digit span, and digit manipulation.
At long last, you now have access to that little extra help to function ‘normally’ in a society that glorifies sending your first email at 4am!
Modafinil has added fuel to the fire of that old debate: night owls vs. early birds. Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS) appears when a person has a naturally delayed diurnal rhythm (he’s a night owl), but due to the demands of society (must be at work at 8am), his natural rhythm is replaced by an earlier sleep schedule (toss and turn while others sleep), which causes daytime somnolence (doesn’t wake up until the third cuppa). Modalert to the rescue!
The benefits of taking Modalert are obvious, but there are other uses for this miracle-enhancing drug as well. Other useful properties of modafinil are also being researched:
- Modafinil is efficient in treating pediatric ADHD but has not been proven as being safe for use by children.
- Modafinil has been reported as an effective treatment for some sufferers of depersonalization disorder and clinical trials are expected soon.
- Low dosages of modafinil are used off-label for the neurological fatigue reported by people living with multiple sclerosis.
- Modafinil could be effective in treating a wide range of psychiatric disorders. Areas of research include treatment of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), treatment-resistant depression, bipolar depression, schizophrenia, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, myotonic dystrophy, opioid-induced sleepiness and opiate and cocaine dependence, and spastic cerebral palsy.
- Modafinil may be a possible way to treat cocaine dependence.
- Modafinil sometimes has an appetite-reducing effect similar to that of certain amphetamines and may influence weight loss. The big difference is that the dose of modafinil which is sufficient to reduce appetite does not significantly increase your heart rate, unlike amphetamines.
- Modafinil reduces drowsiness when used in combination with scopolamine, an anti-motion sickness medication.
People are different, and as can be expected, you may need to experiment to get the optimum benefit from Modalert. You may wish to start with a very low dosage, and if you have no effect, increase the dosage. However, a dose as low as 70mg have been shown to make a difference, and you should not exceed 400mg (two pills) per day as higher dosages are not associated with a better effect. Take your Modalert approximately an hour before you begin work or when you need to be focused.
The average dosage is 200 mg, but because Modalert is slightly stronger than other generic brands you may find that cutting the tablet in half for a dosage of 100 mg is sufficient. One 200 mg dosage should keep you alert and productive for 12 to 15 hours. Some people prefer taking their 200mg split up into two 100mg doses during the first part of the day.
The ingredients of Modalert 200 is simply 200 mg modafinil and if you were wondering how to take Modalert, simply swallow your tablet with or without food, usually once daily in the morning. Although food will slow absorption, the total amount of the chemical will still be absorbed. The effect will be apparent within an hour or less.
Modalert is a well-researched pharmaceutical drug, and its positive effects are real and proven. Therefore, in rare cases, modafinil may cause serious side effects, and patients may require urgent medical treatment in a hospital. If you experience the following symptoms you must stop taking Modalert immediately, and get emergency medical assistance:
- skin: rash, hives, blisters, peeling, sores in your mouth, or your skin blisters and peels. If you have a severe rash, you should seek medical attention even after you stop taking Modalert;
- swelling: lips, face, eyes, tongue, legs, throat or any trouble swallowing or breathing;
- shortness of breath;
- a yellowing skin, or whites of your eyes;
- dark urine.
There is an extremely rare (five cases per million people) genetic predisposition to a severe allergic reaction called SJS, or Stevens-Johnson Syndrome which is usually triggered by antibiotics, analgesics, cough medication, psycho-epileptics, NSAIDs and modafinil.
Be safe. As with any supplement or drug, always consult your doctor if you:
- suffer from mental health conditions;
- have heart problems such as high blood pressure or if you have had a heart attack previously;
- have liver or possible kidney problems;
- have previously had a history of drug or alcohol abuse;
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Avoid while you are breastfeeding.
Safety for Women
Like with certain antibiotics, some forms of hormonal birth control may not be 100% effective while you take Modalert, and there could be a higher possibility of getting pregnant. This may be the case up to one month after stop taking Modalert.
Safety for Children
Modalert is not approved for use by anyone younger than 17.
What should I avoid while taking Modalert?
- Avoid drinking alcohol while the drug is in your system.
- Don’t drive a car (or bungee jump!) until you are sure you know how Modalert will affect you.
Modalert Side Effects
Modalert has been proven to produce very few side effects, which are normally mild. You may experience:
- nausea, a loss of appetite or more seldom, an upset stomach which may include diarrhea or vomiting;
- headaches, a feeling of nervousness and trouble sleeping or more seldom dizziness;
- back pain, heartburn, dry mouth or skin or a stuffy nose.
While unlikely except in case of an overdose, you should contact a medical expert if you experience more severe symptoms like:
- mental (psychiatric) symptoms like depression; extreme anxiety, hallucinations or aggressiveness;
- heart-related problems like chest pain, an abnormal heartbeat or trouble breathing.
The world is a fast-moving place. Some people use nootropics to do better at exams, get into a better university, get a better degree or go all out for that promotion. Others just prefer to function the best they can all the time, or use smart drugs to help them focus on boring or intricate tasks. Some professionals use it on occasion; others prefer to stay at the head of the queue with a daily dose.
Whatever your need, if you want a competitive edge, find a safe, smart drug like Modalert to create it. Modalert will improve your motivation, fatigue levels, vigilance and your reaction time, improve your decision-making process and generally improve brain function. Why wait until everyone else already has their edge? Try our free Modafinil sample pack!