Adderall and Modafinil Weight Loss Reviews and Results
There is hardly anyone who has never dreamt about the body of a Hollywood star. Isn’t it amazing how quickly and drastically they change their shapes from one movie to another? Do you believe that they achieve such results exclusively due to sports, diets, and natural perfections? Let’s be honest, that’s doubtful. In this article, we will try to see what can help us to get rid of extra pounds and enjoy our own reflection in the mirror. We will review two medications that have, among other benefits, a wonderful power to burn fat and sculpt a human’s body.
What Is Modafinil (Provigil, Modalert)?
The first is Modafinil, a popular and widely used sleep normalizer and a cognitive enhancer. This medication comes from the analeptic family, which means it is a stimulant of the central neural system (CNS).
This drug is approved by the US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) to be used for treating sleeping disorders associated with narcolepsy, changes in working shifts, and excessive drowsiness caused by problems with breathing during sleep (obstructive sleep apnea).
Modafinil is distributed under several brand names — Modvigil, Provigil, Modalert, Alertec, and others. All drugs are represented in the form of oral tablets, in various strengths. By biochemical action, the active substance is a blocker of the dopamine reuptake. The whole mechanism is not fully studied yet, but it is believed it has a light effect to increase the level of histamine and some neuroactive peptides. Thus, modafinil enhances brain functions.
Provigil and other modafinil medicines are also used as smart drugs to help with concentration, learning abilities, and mental capacities. This use is off-label, and doctors cannot prescribe this medicine for this purpose. Through it all, a lot of people take it for unofficial uses. There was research that proved it effective for depression, dissociative disorders, drug addiction, and weight loss.
What Is Adderall?
Adderall is a combination of four amphetamine salts, and it is also a neurostimulant. It is traded as tablets and capsules under the brands Adderall, Mydayis, Adderall XR, and Adderall IR. This medication has a wider range of on-label uses and benefits, and doctors prescribe it for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and various sleeping problems.
The popular off-label uses of Adderall are:
- treating major depressive disorder;
- improving cognitive functions;
- enhancing athletic capacities;
- anxiety, fatigue, low motivation, and mental problems.
No, we did not forget about taking Adderall for weight loss. Users’ reviews and newer studies declare the potency of this medication to help people to control their shapes.
You may think that all nootropics have this effect, but if you ask what is better, for example, Ritalin or Adderall, we would suggest you choosing amphetamines for this purpose. Remember, though, that professional sports forbid using nootropics for improving athletic abilities.
Adderall was certified by the FDA in 1996 for narcolepsy and symptoms of ADHD. Amphetamine salts regulate the level of dopamine and norepinephrine, which are the neuro transporters and help to provide signals between brain cells. This mode of action also provides the popularity of Adderall among students, and they call it a good study drug that boosts the learning process, increases memory and energy. After the studies, there comes the time for fun, and Adderall is in high demand again, as young people often use it to achieve euphoria. The misuse of the regulated drugs, especially strong nootropics, is strictly prohibited by law and very dangerous for your health, which you should always keep in mind.
How Modafinil and Adderall Cause Weight Loss?
Losing weight may seem one of the side effects of Adderall and Provigil, Modalert, or Modafinil. Why? Let’s see what causes this effect. These drugs are developed and administered for mental, mood, and sleeping disorders.
Working in the brain, they result in the following influence on the mental, emotional, and physical state of a human’s body:
- Increased heartbeat. This brings a faster metabolism, which is directly associated with weight loss.
- Improved mood. It helps to enjoy life and yourself, which lessens the risk of excessive eating.
- The chemical processes in the brain caused by nootropics suppress the feeling of hunger.
- High energy and motivation. A person who takes stimulants stays more physically active and motivated to do exercises to get rid of extra kilos.
Let’s look deeper into the mechanism of action of the drugs and see how it actually works for these and other factors that help people to achieve their goal.
How Does It Work?
Modafinil and amphetamines increase the level of neurotransmitters in the central neural system. Dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin deliver messages from one neuron to another, and then to muscles and cells. They amplify the cognitive functions, physical energy, emotional state, and mental health. Also, serotonin brings the feeling of happiness and euphoria. This all provides the effects that we will review below.
Loss of Appetite
The users who took modafinil drugs and Adderall for various reasons reported decreased appetite. This phenomenon can be explained by the high dopamine level.
In this situation, a person feels more energetic, concentrated on professional or other activities, and hence has less necessity to eat.
Certainly, it can help you to lose weight, control your diet, and not to consume extra calories.
Enhanced Cognitive Functions
A better brain functioning and improved mental activity provided the improved transmission of signals in neural system, helps people to work on their goals more effectively. With the help of nootropic medicines users can make a better plan of nutrition and exercises, and follow it strictly. They can change their lifestyle and have a will to hold to a plan.
Increased Levels of Dopamine
Dopamine helps us not only to normalize sleep and bring emotions and cognition to order, but it also helps us to change the attitude to life and feel more satisfied. This effect has one additional and unexpected reaction. People who can find joy and satisfaction in their everyday activities have lesser risk of excessive or uncontrolled food consumption. They do not need food to feel happy, thus they lose extra weight easier and quicker.
Our medications enhance energy and increase zest for life. This also is achieved thanks to the aroused level of neurotransmitters — a brain sends signals to a body that it is full of strengths and is ready for action.
This energy is realized through staying always busy and active. Physical and mental activity burns fat, and a user of Modafinil or Adderall loses weight.
Being drugs for ADHD and emotional and mood disorders, Adderall and Provigil improve motivation and concentration. People with elevated motivation have more capacities to go to the gym regularly and keep to a diet. They are highly committed and result-oriented. All this help nootropic users to get fit quickly.
Actual Physical Activity
Under the influence of extra dopamine and serotonin, people often feel excited and agitated. It leads to additional physical activities, like dances, walks, sports, manual work, and so on. People who use brain stimulants do not like to sit idly or have nothing to do. Obviously, such activity effectively burns calories and brings the body to a good shape.
You may be surprised, but when it comes to a weight loss, some adverse reactions of our body to drugs can be useful. For instance, a side effect of modafinil is nausea, which may be effective to suppress the feeling of hunger. Not the way you would like to lose weight, maybe, but for 11% of users this effect is inevitable, so why not to turn misfortune into an asset.
Highly motivated and result-oriented people with improved brain activity have better control over themselves and their actions.
For example, they do not miss trainings in the gym, can resist the temptation to sit on the couch watching a movie, and don’t eat unhealthy hamburgers and soda drinks with lots of sugar. No wonder it helps to get thinner.
Other Factors That Influence Weight Loss
The list of factors that can affect the result is long and worth paying attention to. Taking nootropics for weight loss, you have to take into account many circumstances that influence your shape. Most of them are under your control, and it is better to make them work for the desired result.
So, let’s see what else can help you to shed the unwanted weight:
- Time span. You have to remember that tablets do not work immediately, and it can take up to a year to see the first results and feel the desired lightness. The users who only started take the medications will not notice any changes, but there is no need to panic just because it works fast. At the same time, long-time users may run into the effect of tolerance to the drug, when the body gets used to and resists its action. It may cause gaining some pounds that were lost before.
- Dosage. Some users claim that the minimal effective dose for modafinil is 100 or 200 mg per day, and there is no need to increase it, as the positive effects are doubtful while the adverse reactions can be dangerous. Other users report a high efficacy of daily dosages up to 400 mg in adults. The recommended initial dose of Adderall is 5 mg daily, and it can be increased depending on the response. There is an important issue you have to remember taking Adderall or modafinil for weight loss. The dose and the response is dependent on your own weight. The bigger your body is, the less effective the minimal dose will be. If you need to shed a lot of weight, you may take more medication for it. In any case, to understand how much medicine you may take for your needs, it is best to consult a doctor.
- The schedule of the drug administration. There is no common schedule of the medication intake necessary for weight loss. Some people take Adderall or modafinil only twice or thrice a week to minimize the risk of side effects and addiction. But at the same time, such a timetable decreases the efficacy of the drugs.
- The brand. Pay attention to the trademark of the drug you use. It may have a different strength and even a different time of action. For example, different types of Adderall may have extended release and immediate release, thus the effect is also different.
- Lifestyle. Your everyday activities, the food you eat, the beverages you drink, your daily schedule, and everything else you do affects your shape. And drugs alone will not be as effective as if they were combined with healthy food, a low-sugar and low-fat diet, regular sports, and an active.
- Your biological inheritance. There are people who have a tendency to be overweight by their nature, as genetics plays bad jokes with us sometimes. And some do not need anything extra to stay slim. Those who are not lucky should not be in despair, as genetics is not a final verdict. It will just take more time and more effort from you to achieve the desired results.
- Other drugs. Some medicaments, like neuroleptics and antidepressants, may reduce the action of nootropics. On the contrary, some drugs that also are administered for losing weight, together with Adderall or modafinil, may cause too quick an action, which is not good for your health.
In summary, using medicines to lose extra kilograms, you should not forget about sports and diets, tracing your body and health condition and changing the dose if needed. Never mix different drugs without professional advice, and be patient.
Reviews and Results
The Internet contains various reports from users about the efficacy of the reviewed drugs for shedding weight. The opinions differ from enthusiasm and admiration to complete denial and pessimism. Here are some arguments for and against using nootropics for getting thinner:
- The cons are numerous, and some of the most common are related to the questions of legality of using these medications off the instruction. People say that it is dangerous not only because of the unpredicted consequences, but also because there is a huge risk to buy fake medicines. Others mention that the effectiveness of the drug is not significant without additional diet and exercises. One of the main concerns of the users is about the side effects of the cognitive enhancers, so we will review them below.
- Nevertheless, there are lots of people who declare the high effectiveness of such medicaments. People say that they felt the significant loss of appetite, boost of energy, and motivation. It helped these users to gain athletic forms and get fit.
As for the scientific researches and trials, these drugs were not studied for this purpose. Adderall and modafinil have the proven effects to improve brain functions, and the weight loss is typified as the side effect of these medicines in instructions and medical articles.
How to take the medication is the main factor that influences the effectiveness of the drugs. The users lose different amounts of weight, and they account for it by the differences in the doses, schedule, way of life, and habits.
There is evidence that some users lost noticeable weight: a little bit less than 15 kilograms over a year with the help of Adderall and 18 kilos with modafinil during the same period. There were studies held to gather the veritable reviews of those who lost weight after taking nootropics. And the majority of people reported losing a lesser amount of fat, from 3 to 7 kilos.
Dangers and Risks
Rather astonishing results, aren’t they? Let’s not get too excited about them. Do not forget that these drugs are strictly regulated. Not without a reason, by the way. Nootropics may cause serious side effects, especially when the administration is not administered by a doctor. They are different for the two drugs. The first and most probable effect for Adderall users is addiction. Amphetamines always make people dependent and addicted to them, especially during off-label usage. People like the feeling of high energy, cognitive enhancement, and a positive emotional state.
Modafinil was not noticed to cause serious addiction, but pay attention to the symptoms of the overdose and call a doctor immediately if you feel the following:
- constant and long-term nausea;
- heavy and fast heartbeat;
- nervousness, uncontrolled anxiety;
- serious problems with sleep;
- hypertension, headache.
There are less common side effects of modafinil, like digestion disorders, skin problems, dry mouth, etc., but they usually pass when the body becomes tolerant to the drug. Adderall has more severe adverse effects, and it is highly recommended to consult a doctor about how to use it. This amphetamine derivative may cause such a reaction as changes in urine color, troubles with urination, pains in the bladder, accelerated heartbeat, anxiety, or fatigue.
There are risks of taking our medications that are not in the list of commonly known side effects, but that may occur when nootropics are used uncontrolled:
- Without professional advice people may change the dosage in their own discretion, which may be dangerous. They may take a significantly more dose than it is allowed.
- After a long time of drug intake, you may get used to the dose and the effectiveness will fade, and you will gain weight again.
- A constant increased level of dopamine may result in the so called dopamine burnout. It will lead to a necessity to stop taking the drugs to let your body restore the level of neurotransmitters.
- The withdrawal effect of both drugs may cause serious consequences, like loss of concentration, depression, fatigue and lack of energy and motivation, excessive compulsive eating and gaining extra weight, drowsiness, and trouble breathing.
The best way to avoid all these risks is to seek medical advice before misusing the nootropic drugs. “Do doctors prescribe them for weight loss?” you may ask. The answer is “No,” not on-label. But they can adjust the dosage and schedule for your personal needs.
Are These Medications Legal To Buy?
Adderall and modafinil have different regulations about their management and distribution. In the USA, they both can only be bought with a prescription. The official indications of Adderall are ADHD and sleeping disorders. Modafinil is prescribed for narcolepsy and excessive daytime sleepiness. Doctors never prescribe modafinil for non-official uses, but is Adderall prescribed for weight loss? Yes, sometimes medical workers can administer it off-label. Of course, you will ask yourself how to get a prescribed one. Just ask your doctor.
Both medications can be delivered to the USA, to individuals for personal use, from countries where it is allowed, though this is risky for a couple of reasons. First of all, you cannot buy big quantities of the medications, as they can be stopped on the US border. And another minus is that you will not be able to make sure that you got a real drug, not a chalk powder.
Buy Cheap Modafinil and Armodafinil Online
The clients of our online drugstore can be completely sure that they get authentic medications. Visit ModafinilXL and order the high quality Modafinil, Armodafinil online and other meds, without any red tape and for the fairest price.
You will encounter the convenient help center and the wide range of payment methods, including bitcoins which gives a 20% off discount. We guarantee the delivery to arrive to the customer in a short time, and it is 100% refunded if something goes wrong. As you see, our web store is the best way to get the medications you need.